Type SHD-CGC Three-Conductor Portable Power Cable 5kV
These heavy duty cables are designed for applications such as longwall shearers, continuous miners, loaders, drills, conveyors, pumps, and other mobile equipment requiring grounding conductors, where a ground check conductor, and metallic shielding are required.
- ICEA S-75-381/NEMA WC 58
- ASTM B 172
- ASTM B 33
- CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 96
- Conductors: Stranded annealed tinned copper conductor.
- Conductor Shield:Semi-conducting layer.
- Insulation Shield:Non-conducting tape + Tinned copper/textile braid.
- Ground Check Conductor:Tinned copper with a yellow insulation, located in the center of the cable.
- Grounding Conductor:Tinned copper conductor.
- Sheath: Reinforced extra-heavy-duty Chlorinated Polyethylene(CPE), black. Other sheath materials can be offered as an option.
Other jacket materials such as CSP/PCP/NBR/PVC are available upon request.
Two-layer jacket with reinforcing fibre between the two layers can be offered as an option.
Mechanical and Thermal Properties
- Minimum Bending Radius: 6×OD
- Maximum Operating Temperature: +90℃
Dimensions and Weight:
|Construction||No. of Strands||Grounding Conductor Size||Ground Check Conductor Size||Nominal Insulation Thickness||Nominal Sheath Thickness||Nominal Overall Diameter||Nominal Weight||Ampacity|
|No. of cores×AWG/kcmil||-||AWG/kcmil||AWG/kcmil||inch||mm||inch||mm||inch||mm||lbs/kft||kg/km||A|
Ampacity-Based on a conductor temperature of 90℃ and an ambient air temperature of 40℃, per ICEA S-75-381.